Growling

bekah1001

Honored Member
My dogs growl when another is near them when they are eating bones or their food. If one is eating and another moves close to them they growl. I know never to correct a growl. I was just wondering if it is okay for them to growl at each other, should I let them. They never growl at us just the other dogs.

sara

Staff member
I let mine, the others need to know that the dog is uncomfortable, and they need to feel comfortable that the dog wont steal what they have. I do, however move the dog away that's bugging the dog with the bone/toy. I dont let them bug a dog, if that dog doesn't want to be bugged.

Bosun

I, too, vote to allow the growl. I agree with Sara and remove the dog getting growled at.

My dogs are allowed to "talk" to other dogs, and in my opinion, that is what the growl is.

My dog is tested now and again, to ensure he is willing to give his "high value" stuff to me.

Anneke

Honored Member
Mine do the same and I let them.
I tell my boyfriend to get lost too, if he wants to get food off my plate:D:D
But I do keep an eye on them, because Cooper is much faster in eating a bone or something like that, then Jinx. And I do not allow him to get her bone. Just to keep them from getting into a fight.
They know they have to stay on their side of the room untill they have finished eating.