Greetings From Zimbabwe

Zimgales

Hi all, I am very excited to be a part of this site. Dogs are my passion and teaching them is my hobby. My one year old puppy has been taught 8 tricks manufactured from my imagination and I hope to make it more with your help. I was stuck on how to do some things which I am sure you all will be able to help me with!!!!! So exciting!

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Zimgales! Welcome to the DTA. Which trick in particular were you stuck on? Maybe I can help...

Zimgales

Hi, Jean thanks will defo ask your opinion!

Well I have two dogs in training a mother and her daughter. It is hilarious because the tricks that the one does with ease are the ones the other one just wont do!!! Anyway in particular I am trying to get them to go through hoops. The one dog is extremely nervous which is why I thought agility courses would be good. If I walk her up to the hoop she will go through it but if I raise it off the ground she just refuses! I have taught her a total of 8 tricks and I want to take her to the old age home regularly to entertain them and give her some socialization. Any advice would be great! Thanks

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm. I thought I had made a lesson for jumping through hoop but I guess I recorded it and never put it on the website. What if you put a towel at the bottom of it, to make it seem like there is something underneath. Obviously don't have the hoop too high but low enough so she can comfortable jump through it. Would this work? I'm thinking she just needs a little confidence.