freestyle videos

natty

i just wrote a long postand it vanished , that will teach me not to ramble!

i would like to add videos to the freestyle section in order to get points to go up the leader board.

i need some way to convert my files from.MOD to a smaller file size so that it can be uploaded. i need a free converter that doesnt stick writing over the middle of my video.

is there a required standard for the videos , as i cant add titles or music to them and were only beginners in the field of tricks .

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
I forgot, titles and music is not mandatory - so you don't have to add them if you can't.

natty

Thanks jean , how do i export with a file type .FLV. i really am supremly clueless when it comes to computers. sorry:msniwonder:

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
No problem! We've all been there before. :)

It all depends on the editing software that you use. If you click on file (which is usually in top left corner), there should be an option to 'Export' or 'Save As'. There you will see different options, try using AVI or FLV if you can. I could probably give you more guidance if you gave me more information on the type and version of editing software you are using.

natty

I think ive done it. i just uploaded a snippet of bobby learning his first trick , taken the day before yesterday . i think its called begging . please let me know if you can see it and if it runs ok.

snooks

Experienced Member
if you have windows you will have windows movie maker. that will convert mod's into internet friendly smaller files like mpeg4's or mwv's for free. what do you use now to view them windows media player? you can add titles and music and edit pretty intuitively here. when you go to publish that's where you and change format to internet friendly and compress further if u like.

natty

ok i will have a look for movie maker , at the moment i am using AVC but i abolutely cant edit there are 2 butons one says start edit and the other says stop to edit . on the AVS that i used previously you pressed start edit then stop edit and it took the between part out. this AVC seems to work the other way round I THINK. its amazing how thick i can be , how the hell can 2 buttons be so confusing !