First Trial!

kassidybc

Experienced Member
We had our first agility trial last weekend! Poor Chloe is a great dog, but has a very stupid handler. ;) First we did jumpers, in which we got called out of the ring because I forgot to switch collars so that she didn't have tags on her collar. Then we did standard. And I forgot AGAIN. Don't ask me how, I'm not sure lol. So we got called out of the ring again. But the few obstacles that she did do she did wonderfully lol! :p She even stopped at the end of the contact like she was supposed to! At least I know I'll never make that mistake again (although I already made it twice... So who knows? ;) ).

This weekend went much better! We had our first obedience and rally trial. It was raining the whole time (which gave me a dog that was giving me a "Really? You are making me work out here? There's water falling from the sky. Do you not see how wet I am?" look). Luckily, she still did really well! (Maybe she just knew the better she behaved the quicker we could get out of there and back in her warm bed. :D) We got first in rally, second in obedience, and she earned her Canine Good Citizen award!!

kassidybc

Experienced Member
We also found out that we are probably going to Chicago in November for our first herding trial!! I'm sooooooo excited for that! Herding is definitely my favorite thing I do with her, so this is a pretty big deal for us. :D I'm lucky I have such an awesome herding mentor who is happy to take me there, I don't think my parents would be up for driving me all the way to Chicago. :p

southerngirl

Honored Member
Aww Kassidy don't beat yourself up. We all have our off days, were our brain seems to have stayed back at home in bed.
And congrats on doing well at rally o and Chloe getting her CGC. Good luck at the herding trail.

kassidybc

Experienced Member
Aww Kassidy don't beat yourself up. We all have our off days, were our brain seems to have stayed back at home in bed.
And congrats on doing well at rally o and Chloe getting her CGC. Good luck at the herding trail.
Thanks Danielle! Hopefully my brain decides to come with me to the next trial! :p

running_dog

Honored Member
Sounds like you did great for a first time. Much better Chloe was going well and you forgot the collar than that she had the collar and was going off course or running in circles sniffing!

Hope the herding goes well.

Evie

Experienced Member
Bahhahahah!

Ah well, like they said. At least that's an easy to fix problem - I hope. (It is an easy fix right? Next time you will remember .... right..? :p)
If it's any consultation, I competed with Evie at our state's Royal Show and I forgot to take Evie's collar full stop. She was wearing her harness in there... and I didn't have a collar for her. Luckily I have awesome friends who compete with me that I could borrow one from....

Herding does sound like good fun - Good luck at Chicago! (Does Chloe have to have her collar removed for that too? :D)

Can you get some video of it? I'd love to watch! Same with you agility actually. It's very interesting watching low level agility in a different country. Seems like our 'levels' are completely different as far as difficulty goes :)

kassidybc

Experienced Member
Bahhahahah!

Ah well, like they said. At least that's an easy to fix problem - I hope. (It is an easy fix right? Next time you will remember .... right..? :p)
If it's any consultation, I competed with Evie at our state's Royal Show and I forgot to take Evie's collar full stop. She was wearing her harness in there... and I didn't have a collar for her. Luckily I have awesome friends who compete with me that I could borrow one from....

Herding does sound like good fun - Good luck at Chicago! (Does Chloe have to have her collar removed for that too? :D)

Can you get some video of it? I'd love to watch! Same with you agility actually. It's very interesting watching low level agility in a different country. Seems like our 'levels' are completely different as far as difficulty goes :)
Hahahaha, yeah, hopefully it's easy to fix! ;) Can't be quite sure! Although I'm sure I can look forward to everyone at trials from now on reminding me to take off her collar. For the rest of my life. Lol.

No I don't have to take off her collar for herding, luckily!! :LOL: I'd probably mess that up too LOL. Although I'm sure there's something I'll mess up haha, like I said, poor Chloe! :p I'll try to take videos at trials from now on (and definetly at the herding one!). I had people video our first agility trial, but watching us do 3 obstacles and then called of the course doesn't make for a very good video lol. :D

We are just doing the herding test at this point, which is like level 2 before a legit trial. It goes instinct test, then herding test, then pre-trial test, then you move to actual trials. Both me and my herding mentor agree that Chloe and I are ready for the pre-trial test, but she thinks I should play it safe and do the herding test, since we are pretty much garunteed to do perfectly at that. (Although I really want to do the pre-trial test, the herding test seems so boring! Oh well, gotta follow the masters advice ;) ),