Dogs In The News

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
Wow, that is amazing. It is awesome to know how intelligent dogs are. I love the dachshund because it shows that disabled pets can do amazing things.

MaryK

Honored Member
A & C they're all absolutely heart-warming stories! I loved them all:love::love::love: Just shows how amazing dogs really are and that dogs with 'disabilities' can, and do, lead full and happy lives. Thank you so much for the share:)

I think, just my own thoughts, with Chica maybe she hears and follows the vibrational sounds of the ball??? As sight handicapped people do with dance, they feel the music, with their feet.

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
I love the cross country story. I think its great that everyone support her, and her dog running together so she doesn't have to give up something she loves.

I think you're right about Chica following the vibrations Maryk, that was my first thought when I watched the video.

MaryK

Honored Member
Saw this on the news tonight it's incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On the news they showed more of the dogs actually driving and steering the car than the video clip here. One trainer was in the car, passenger seat, the other was outside giving directions and believe me, these dogs drive better than a lot of humans!:D(y)

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10851829

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/article/237286/70/Must-See-New-Zealand-SPCA-teaching-dogs-how-to-drive
The second url is the better clip, as it shows the entire training process/car modifications etc. and listen/see the clicker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Proof Positive, if any more is needed, that Clicker Training works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cannot wait for next Monday to see the full on drive!

Wonderful and unique way to advertise that Shelter Dogs are wonderful and can be trained!

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
Oh my gosh, I'm amazed. Absolutely incredible, I can't believe the things you can teach a dog. I think part of has to do with being clicker trained! :) I also love that they are doing something unique to advertise shelter dogs.

Dogster

Honored Member
OMD!!!!:eek::eek: I'm amazed!!!!!:eek::D It's incredible!!! Surely these dogs will get adopted!!! Who wouldn't want a dog who knows how to drive???:)

MaryK

Honored Member
I first heard it on a promo for the news and actually sat through three quarters of the news just to make sure I wasn't hearing things or it wasn't some form of trick.:rolleyes:

Wonder if Hollywood or the New Zealand Film Corporation will take them on. They will get adopted that's for sure and hopefully so will all the others still at the Shelter:)

MaryK

Honored Member
Thank you for the share A & C.:) What a beautiful story and just emphasizes how loyal dogs are they're truly amazing. The line " Dogs are heroic to us because they live up to that relationship." really stood out to me, I just hope a lot of people read and understand this, it just may help not so fortunate dogs, as not all people live up to that relationship.

MaryK

Honored Member
Thank you A & C for once more sharing a beautiful, heartwarming story. I just love the doggy bonding, dogs are really wonderful aren't they:love: