Doggy Playground!!

Dlilly

Honored Member
WHOA!!! :eek: That's the awesomest thing I've EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the caps, I just thought that was incredible!!

You can take Missy to a playground for kids. It's actually a great place for training! You can work on her sit/stay, climbing the steps, going down the slide, going through the tube tunnel things, and if she's scared of the swings, you can get her used to them. :)

Honored Member
All the dog parks where I live have "dog playgrounds".

They usually have a concrete tunnel, three jumps, a tire jump, weave polls and a dog-walk. Some of them have drinking fountains (at dog height), and one has an A-frame that does over the tunnel. One dogpark has two playground, one with big jumps and the other with little jumps (although even the little ones are higher than Holly can jump, but she can balance on them ;) ) and one has a creek running through it and another has a bit of a walking track (instead of just grass, although I haven't been to this one because it is near a busy road and is fenced with deer fencing which I'm pretty sure Holly could get through if she really wanted).

Next time I'm at the dog park I'll take a photo.

MaryK

Honored Member
That's totally awesome!:love: The park where I go occasionally with Ra Kismet has a few agility items but not that many. Would love a park like that nearby!

Honored Member
None of the parks are that close to my house, so I do have to drive to them so we only usually go after obedience class (the one with the creek is on the way home) and agility class is at another dog park/in a building that is joined to the park so Holly has a play before we start helping to get agility equipment out.

The parks are good though, but the jumps are too high for Holly so I don't make her jump over them and I haven't tried to get her to do the weave polls because I didn't want to screw up her agility training. But I have seen other people using them, especially if the dog park is empty. I think it's good that it encourages people to interact more with their dogs at the park :)

Holly goes through the tunnel sometimes and she likes standing on the dogwalk so that she's taller than the large dogs, especially if they start to get a bit rough for her (the dog walk is about human waist height).

But we have to pay dog registration to the city council every year so that pays for the dog parks and pound (I think a lot of the USA don't have to register their dogs, but I could be wrong)