Doggelganger

Pawbla

Experienced Member
Have you seen this webpage?

You upload a picture of yourself and it matches you to a dog up for adoption. It's really neat even if you can't adopt him :). I am, apparently, similar to a heeler mix from Australia!

http://www.doggelganger.co.nz/

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
lol, it might be cute,
but what a lousy way to choose a breed!!:ROFLMAO:

what if some couch potato ends up with a border collie.......what if a jogger ends up with a mastiff?

Researching and matching up (honestly) the time and energy a person can devote to their dog's energy needs,
is way more logical way to choose a breed.

STILL, IT'S VERY CUTE!!! :ROFLMAO:

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
i want to try it!

lol, i can not get it to "accept" my photo. darn. It says do not use too dark of a photo, so Maybe because i do have dark color hair with bangs on my forehead, but, i tried 2 different photos, keeps telling me 'can't accept that photo'.:(

that's pretty bad, when a dog-site won't even accept my photo!!:oops::( :ROFLMAO:

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
i finally got it to "accept" my photo,:D even though my face was not centered, (the nose thing was not really on my nose, lol) and i got matched to a yellow lab mix:ROFLMAO: (in Australia, think).

Dogster

Honored Member
I agree. NOT a good way to find your man's best friend.O_o But it's a GREAT idea, because it matches you with a RESCUE dog, which might make you want to rescue instead of buy.:D

I got matched (very weird) to a white, 18 month old Sharpe cross in Te Awamutu SPCA. Looks nothing like me!!! The accuracy was 55%.:( Gonna try it again.

Dogster

Honored Member
This time I got matched to a 7 month old female yellow lab mix at the Aukland SPCA. She's ADORABLE!!!!:LOL: 56% accurate.O_o

Dogster

Honored Member
I LOVE doing this.:LOL: This time it was 68% accurate. I got matched to a 1 year old female Staffordshire Bull Terrier, brown and white.:) In Wellington SPCA.

Pawbla

Experienced Member
Wow, very different dogs, Dogster! But they say it's still in beta, haha.

They should add a small questionaire like: Want an high-energy dog or a low energy dog? Do you mind shedding? Do you have kids? etc for when they release the final version.

charmedwolf

Staff member
Very cute! They definitely need some questions for it but it is in beta so I'll give them that.

I was matched with a pug/beagle mix the first time. Haha no. Then I was matched with a Mastiff/German Shepherd mix. That's more like it!!