Dog Whistle Cues

Discussion in 'General Dog Training' started by Jean Cote, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Jean Cote Administrator

I just ordered myself a whistle as I'd like to play with it, I'm just wondering, what are the sounds for specific commands? Like down/come/stand, etc...

2. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

Are there like, "official" list of whistle noises for various cues ?? wow, that would be fun to see a whole bunch of dogs ALL sit or lie down, all at same time, from same whistle noise, wouldn't it??:eek:
    Dogster and Tâmara Vaz like this.
  3. SD&B Experienced Member

I don't know, but what kind of whistle did you get? Is it a regular "silent" dog whistle, or a whistle like they use in sports and hunting, or a sheepherding whistle or something else?

I sure would like to know this information myself.
  4. Jean Cote Administrator

The one for herding. I take it this one you can make several different noises with it. I was just curious if there was any 'official' sounds for different commands. I may just come up with my own. ;)
  5. sara Moderator

You got me there Jean... I have NO IDEA about anything to do with herding... Maybe Fly30 could help you?
  6. Pawtential Unleashed Experienced Member

A few things I found:

They make a CD of examples and commands as well if you wanted one:

That should get you started! [The last one didn't post correctly - try the link]
  7. SD&B Experienced Member

Can I ask where you got the whistle from? I haven't seen them in the local Petsmart.
  8. Jean Cote Administrator

Thank you Lisa, that was quite resourceful!

SD&B, I had to order it online on this site. I got a silent one and a herding one, to see what I can have fun with. ;)
    Dogster likes this.