Dog Trick Demo/ Which Tricks?

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
I was asked if I would do a dog trick demo with River next month. Which tricks would you recommend that we do? Someone else will be doing a freestyle demo so I will have to see which tricks they are doing so we don't double up on them, but I am looking for any suggestions. If you were going to see a dog trick demo which tricks would you want to see?

blacknym

Experienced Member
Back end awareness. I've been working in this with Deja buys its a struggle. I've backed off a bit lately but do want to work at it again.

Thanks in advance for anything you decide to demo.

Mutt

Experienced Member
Back up (starting in front of you and moving to between your legs), copcop, weave between your legs/figure eight, crawl are good crowd pleasers.
I wouldn't go for subtle tricks but more for the ones with movement.

blacknym

Experienced Member
Anything that will help with learning to use the back legs. Dosent have to be that trick specifically. :)

Linda A

Experienced Member
Do the things your dog does best! Less chance of refusals that way. Don't worry about what the other person is using in the Freestyle routine. Your's will look much different even if you do some of the same things.

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
I think we are definitely going to do limp, bang, backwards figure 8, maybe regular figure 8. I have to do something with retrieve, not sure what yet. We will probably also do crawl and roll over. Maybe we will do some useful tricks like, fix your leash, bundle your leash get the newspaper or your bowl.

I'm not sure about ring toss. Maybe some service dog tasks but I don't really have all the right props for that.