Dog Harness, Which One?

southerngirl

Honored Member
I'm going to get a new harness for Missy, but am having trouble deciding which one. I need it to be strong. durable, attractive, able to get wet. I was really wanting the comfortflex, but am starting to second guess it. Has anyone had any experience with this harness. Any recommendations, what harness do you have? I do not want a front clip harness. I use a head halter and harness when walking her.
71yKnjeF63L._SY355_.jpg
dog-in-harness.jpg

southerngirl

Honored Member
I was really anxious to get Missy a new harness, because her's just sucks so I went ahead and ordered the comortflex today since there are no replies here. It has excellent reviews on it. It'll be here on Saturday and I'm super excited it's Hot Pink. I'll let you know what I think of it.

running_dog

Honored Member
I'm interested too... I read that if a dog pulls on the lead a lot that might cause damage to the dog's thyroid gland, so no knowledge of harnesses but keen to know how this one works out for you :)

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
I'm particularly looking for a really good harness that could be used for attaching Ripley to a bike with a Walkydog or a Springer.... Hopefully someone may have a bit of info on that too? :whistle:

southerngirl

Honored Member
I'm particularly looking for a really good harness that could be used for attaching Ripley to a bike with a Walkydog or a Springer.... Hopefully someone may have a bit of info on that too? :whistle:
A bike attachment that I've heard is great and I've also looked at a lot for my girls is the doggerjogger. Unlike the other bike attachments I've seen it's not metal and unmovable. It seems safer and easier to use.

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
A bike attachment that I've heard is great and I've also looked at a lot for my girls is the doggerjogger. Unlike the other bike attachments I've seen it's not metal and unmovable. It seems safer and easier to use.
That sounds interesting, just did a quick google search as I had't heard of that one before and will definately be looking further into it... Thank you!

southerngirl

Honored Member
So I got the ComfortFlex and I LOVE it. The harness it water proof so it dries quickly, it isn't right under her armpits so no chafing, easy to put on, stylish. All around I only have one complaint like most with this harness the chest strap is a tad to long. I wish the company would listen to all the reviews and shorten the chest strap by an inch.

southerngirl

Honored Member
I would still love to hear what harness you guys have. I'm looking for on for Piper. I was going to get the easy walk so my mom and lil bro could walk her easily but I just don't like them. The strap is right up against there pits and seems to not allow full movement plus Piper has really sensitive skin so with a lot of reviews saying the harness irritated there dogs skin it will bother Piper.
See how the strap is digging into their pits?
harness4.jpg
easy-walk-harness.jpg

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
I was gonna post on this thread in the next couple of days as I ordered two for Ripley yesterday. The comfortflex looks quite similar to one I ordered for Ripley:

It is the Ezydog Quick Fit Harness, it has not come yet but excited to see how she takes to it.

The other is the Ezydog chest plate harness:

I am not sure which will be more suitable so I was hedging my bets. I will update when they have arrived and I have tried them.

southerngirl

Honored Member
Might have found Piper's harness. It's called SENSE-ation harness. The material is softer than the premier easy walk which is known to rub dogs with short fur raw, the S harness does not. If my mom who insist on buying Piper's harness has the money we'll get it for her.
http://leerburg.com/1152.htm