Dog Accident

bekah1001

Honored Member
This was on Susan Garrett's Facebook page:

Update on border collies in accident: In case you haven't been following, six dogs were thrown from the car of an internationally known agility trainer this morning after the vehicle they were riding in clipped an 18-wheeler and rolled twice. I don't know all the details, but 1 dog was killed on impact, 3 are at a clinic being treated, and 2 are missing in the desert. We are trying to find the two missing. There are several people out searching the deserts right now along the stretch of I-10 near mile marker 351 outside of Wilcox, AZ. If anyone else is in the area and can help, I'm sure they would be very grateful.

The owner has checked herself out of the hospital (against orders, I'm sure) to find her dogs. The two missing are Tobie (far left) and Nica (2nd from right). I will update as I hear new information, but for now we just need to get people out there to help find them. It's a huge, vast area with temps soaring past 100 degrees, and I don't think the dogs are snake-trained. Time is of the essence! You can email me for more information at [email protected]. Here is the pic once more and thanks for all of your amazing support in sharing and getting word out so we can find these beautiful animals!
Has anybody heard of this or is in the area?

southerngirl

Honored Member
Aww, that's horrible I hope they find those poor dogs. I wished I lived in this area so that I could help find them. I know it may seem silly to some people but people really should buy doggy seat belts.

southerngirl

Honored Member
One of the dogs Nika a Aussie was just found dead 1/2 a mile from the accident. The other dog Toby a Border collie is still missing. A lot of people are looking for him. The other dog that died was a kelpie puppy.

southerngirl

Honored Member
Toby is still missing, but was spotted this morning. There are still a lot of people searching for her, they even spent the night outside. I hope they find her soon.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
oh wow, what a story, :eek::cry: i'd missed this, so so glad for that poor woman to get at least one of her beloved dogs back, what a nightmare. I read about this online today.

//
Calhoun checked herself out of the hospital with a punctured lung to go looking for her missing dogs......[..].....
"Right now they are my life," said Calhoun on Monday. "I would do anything to get them back. I would trade my life for theirs. I will not leave this area until I know where my dogs are."//:oops:

now, is one dog still missing then?? or, all dogs are now accounted for??​

charmedwolf

Staff member
They're all accounted for now . The two that were missing are Tobie (the one pictured above) and Nica who was found 1/2 mile away after being hit by a car. I believe the last word was Tobie was headed to the vet and after that Elicia would be heading back to the hospital for herself.

Anneke

Honored Member
What a horror to have to go through!!
I read somewhere she fell asleep behind the wheel and then hit a truck?
No matter, what a horrible way to loose dogs...:cry:
Glad they found Tobie!

southerngirl

Honored Member
Four out of the six dogs lived. I believe their names are Breesea, Iceman, Toby and I don't know the other one's name.