Dockdogs..

Discussion in 'Off-Topic & Chit Chat' started by Puppylove, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Puppylove Well-Known Member

Day 1 of DockDogs..

Gretel is only 7 months old and although we have a gorgeous pool she still hasn't been able to use it because of winter...

I'm not really sure what she thinks of the water...

GretelDockDogs.jpg

2. Dogster Honored Member

Hmm...:) Did she jump in??? Or swim???LOL, great pic!!! Don't worry, she'll learn to like the water. You may have to get in with her to lure her with treats or a toy though...:D
    MaryK and Puppylove like this.
  3. Puppylove Well-Known Member

No, :( she didn't jump in.... but she did her her tootsies wet :D so that's a start..
    In the meantime, lots of water training..but I'm not really looking forward to getting in at all..:eek: Too cold!!
    MaryK and Dogster like this.
  4. southerngirl Honored Member

To get her in you may have to get in yourself and go kinda far from her than in an excited voice call her. Or you can throw her favorite toy in.
    MaryK, Dogster and Puppylove like this.
  5. Puppylove Well-Known Member

She won't follow the toy in so I'm starting to psych myself and get my self into the right frame of mind to suffer the cold and risk hypothermia and jump in our pool just so she can learn how to do it...
    southerngirl and MaryK like this.
  6. MaryK Honored Member

Maybe she's the smart one? Won't go in because it's too darned cold!:LOL: I could send Ra Kismet over, he's water mad, hot, cold anytime anywhere, he'd get her in very quickly!:LOL:

You may have to lure her with the highest value reward.
    Puppylove and Dogster like this.
  7. Dlilly Honored Member

That's great she at least put her Paws in the water! My dog Shiloh used to HAtE swimming, and now she absolutely loves it!! If your patient and positive, she should have even more success soon. :)
  8. Adrianna & Calvin Experienced Member

Can't you wait till it's warm out? Are you training for a specific competition?
    Puppylove, MaryK and Dogster like this.
  9. Puppylove Well-Known Member

OH YEAH!! She's definitely smart!! No doubt about that!!
    Dogster and MaryK like this.
  10. Puppylove Well-Known Member

The sport has just been introduced to Australia.. The first formal competition will start later in the year....I've just been announced as one of the team captain :D
  11. Puppylove Well-Known Member

I hope so..
  12. MaryK Honored Member

Congratulations!