Crate games Excellent DVD

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
I was recently given a copy of the DVD Crate Games by Susan Garrett and I would highly recommend it. It teaches how to make the crate fun and rewarding for a dog and encourages you to let the dog choose to go in it. Crate Games also addresses how to use a crate for various fundamentals for agility dogs.
A preview is available on you tube under the user name Clickerdogs.

mewzard

Experienced Member
I heard about this on another forum... but i'm not sure i want to pay £28 for it!! I found a youtube video of someone teaching thier puppy 'crate games' and did that with Oka. She would already go in on 'cue' and wait for me to 'release' her, now shes a little more eager but still doesn't stop her deciding that she'd rather go to her bed than her crate when i need to go out - then i have to lure her in there as she is not IMO old enough to be left loose in the house.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
My B.C. always goes in her crate, she loves it. But I think she likes the comfort of it rather than because it's a fun and exciting place to be. Making games with crates sound like an excellent idea to get some dogs to like their crate. ;)

charmedwolf

Staff member
I was debating about adding it to my "new puppy" list as none of my pups have ever been crate trained. At least I wouldn't accidently make them hate the crate. :)