Check...check... One, Two, One Two... Is This Thing On?

threenorns

hi - threenorns here, from minden, ontario. that's my dog, dandy (short for "dandelion") you see in my profile pic. he might not look like your typical border collie but he's got it all where it counts: right between the ears. he's smart as a whip with a sweetly quixotic personality that is uniquely his own.

we're training each other - and i mean just that: when he finally figures out what it is i've been trying to tell him, he tells me how we'll do the trick. that's how "heel" became "yumyum" and now "orbit" has become "turn around".

he's totally capable of inference and logic: the other day, i asked him to get my boots but then, instead of the usual, i put my hands up and said "now what do i need?" one by one (me asking "now what?" each time), he brought my hat, the leash, his high-visibility vest, and my coat, in that order. the coat was a problem - he got it off the hook onto the floor but then the cat kept jumping on it when he tried to drag it into my room. the second time he came in empty handed and stomped the floor while sneezing, i figured something was up - once i shooed away the cat, he was able to bring me my coat.

at the ripe old age of four, he has discovered the joys of toys: he has a little stuffed pig backpack ("piggy") that he just adores.

MaryK

Honored Member
Hi and Welcome!!!!!!!:) Dandy sounds absolutely ADORABLE, love the way he brings things to you.:love: Yes, please do, post pics of him we all love seeing pics of dogs.:)

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
Sounds like you two have a wonderful bond! I bet Dandy provides you with lots of laughter. He reminds me a little of my golden retriever who also brings me my shoes and his leash before we go outside, as well as his bowl any chance he gets. I look forward to hearing more about your dog and I would love to see some videos of him if you have any. :)