Canine Freestyle Class

MaryK

Honored Member
Cannot get the vids to play. Will try again tomorrow. Sometimes they will play for me an other times not. :(

Anneke

Honored Member
Looks great!!!
One little thing I noticed...The hand/arm cue you give for backing up and jumping/standing up look very much the same. In the second vid, Boo was a little confused(around 1.10) that's when I noticed it. Maybe you should change one of those cue's a little;)
Can't wait to see you two do the full routine!!

MaryK

Honored Member
Finally vids are playing tonight! Great work, you are so great! Hard to credit you've only been to four classes! It really looks like you both are so enjoying youselves!:D(y)

Boo

Yes, it's only been 4 classes, but Boo knew a lot of the tricks already cause i'd been working with him at home, but for some others in the class that didn't know anything ahead of time we have learned a lot in just 4 weeks. So far the teacher has taught spin left and right, around, weaving through legs, jump, crawl, walk backwards and bow.
It's one thing to learn the tricks, but putting them together in a smooth transition for a routine is a challenge!

Anneke, you're absolutely right, i think i'm definitely confusing poor Boo sometimes! I need to work on better, cleaner and clearer hand signals. Sometimes i don't even know what hand signal to put to a certain tricks, like for example "Crawl". What do others use? Right now Boo is just being lured by a treat on the ground, i don't actually have a signal.

sara

Staff member
I use a patting motion for crawl (like the down signal, but then I "pat pat pat" as I walk backwards, or ask them to come to me, etc) You can start down low (like you're luring) then work towards having the cue up high.