Balancing Things On The Nose

Elliot DMDS

Hi there,

For a trick challenge in the german trickforum Elliot had to learn to balance things on his nose:
This is a fun trick to teach, also with treats on the nose.
(we are still working on the catching, Elliot is too slow to catch treats from his nose ;) )
when he dropped it into the basket I was really surprised and a little slow with the click.
he didn't do that on purpose but we're working on it :)

fly30

Experienced Member
Very smart ! Sehr gut :)
I've tried to teach Fly to keep something on her nose, that works fine then throw and catch but no luck with that for the moment, she just drops and eats.

The way Elliot moves around without dropping the object is just great, maybe I should try this way.

sara

Staff member
My old dog Patches could hold a treat on her nose then flip it up and catch it. Scout will do the trick too, but only catches it about 50% of the time.

running_dog

Honored Member
My old dog Patches could hold a treat on her nose then flip it up and catch it. Scout will do the trick too, but only catches it about 50% of the time.
Have you tried moving the treat right to the tip of Scout's nose and never allowing her to eat it unless she catches it herself? That got Zac catching almost 100% but he won't wait for more than half a second so I have to say "paid for" REALLY quickly :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:! I'm working on giving him extra treats if he waits but... the temptation is usually too great for him to resist.

sara

Staff member
Yep, she does not get the treat if she doesn't catch it... unless it goes too far, and I'm not fast enough to get it before she does! LOL