Awesome Experience Today...

blacknym

Experienced Member
Since the weather turned for the good we are out in the neighborhood. We walk and practice our skills. Lately we have been working on her attention skills. When ever we run into an other dog we pull over and I ask for he attention.

So today we where arriving back home and a lady just happens to be right there. She sees use and says "have you taken classes?" So we started talking and I found out she and her dog where a set we pulled over for one day. Lol so long story short...

I have her my number and we are hopefully going to get together with the pups! It is so nice to find someone who appreciates a half way trained dog. Lol

DevonW

That is awesome!

I completely understand the looks and comments you get when you're working with your dog. I'm almost to the point of buying Thor an in training vest so people won't find it necessary to foist their dogs on us while we're trying to work in the park.

blacknym

Experienced Member
So annoying right? It is totally obvious when someone is engaging their dog and working with them. Some curtesy would be nice. Lol

I've had people stand their and talk to me while I'm in the middle of trying to work with Deja...and their dog is lunging on the leash...I've had to tell people pointedly "can you not see I'm busy with my dog right now?" :p it is funny because I'm not even in the middle of the park or sidewalk...I always make sure we are off to the side and out of the way. Lol

MaryK

Honored Member
Congratulations on finding someone who understands when you're working with your dog. I agree with everyone, very annoying when people just don't 'get it' that you're working with your dog and not their dog (who is usually lunging around) and stand there thinking it's all so 'cute'.

On a positive note, it is grand when your dog ignores the other one and just works on regardless, good exercise in working with distractions. But I still prefer to be left alone!

blacknym

Experienced Member
The most annoying this is when people start talking to you and your dog while the both of you are working. it like...

"can you not see im busy teaching my dog somthing?" :?

anyways!! positivity!! I love when people can respect ones space and understand your busy. lol