Attention Canadians

MaryK

Honored Member
Darn it!!!!!!!!!! Understand though, shipping is so expensive. Looking the other day for a new soccer ball for Ra Kismet which Zeus couldn't demolish, found one in the states but the shipping was - wait for it - THREE HUNDRED AND FOUR DOLLARS AND SOME CENTS!!!!!!!!!!!! for a ball costing US$20.00.

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
Maryk- That is outrageous for a ball. I would never pay more for shipping then what thing I'm buying is worth. Is it save to say you didn't buy it??:p

Dlilly- Is there really an american one? I've love to join. Do you have the link?

MaryK

Honored Member
Maryk- That is outrageous for a ball. I would never pay more for shipping then what thing I'm buying is worth. Is it save to say you didn't buy it??:p

Dlilly- Is there really an american one? I've love to join. Do you have the link?
No I didn't buy it! I think they shipped airmail, which probably explained the outrageous price, but even so, way too much. Problem here getting things from overseas because of the shipping costs, plus Government Duty, plus Quarantine blah blah. Still trying to get a target stick! Lovely one only $10.00 shipping $60.00.!!!!!!! And I just cannot find one on ebay.com.au or in the shops.

Sorry, I didn't keep the link but from memory it was actually a basketball, as I was after a football (soccer ball) and it did fit the purpose but LOL not the shipping price!

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
No I didn't buy it! I think they shipped airmail, which probably explained the outrageous price, but even so, way too much. Problem here getting things from overseas because of the shipping costs, plus Government Duty, plus Quarantine blah blah. Still trying to get a target stick! Lovely one only $10.00 shipping $60.00.!!!!!!! And I just cannot find one on ebay.com.au or in the shops.
I feel like I take things for granted! I learned about the target stick, when to a local Petsmart and bought on the same day for like $8. You'd think dog training tools would be sold everywhere especially something as simply as the target stick.

MaryK

Honored Member
I feel like I take things for granted! I learned about the target stick, when to a local Petsmart and bought on the same day for like $8. You'd think dog training tools would be sold everywhere especially something as simply as the target stick.
You would, but apparently not in Adelaide and neither can I find one on e-bay Australia! Going to try Amazon Australia next.

Honored Member
You would, but apparently not in Adelaide and neither can I find one on e-bay Australia! Going to try Amazon Australia next.
You can buy target sticks here in NZ and I don't live in a particularly big city so I'm surprised that they are not available in Australia. I don't think they are as cheap here as in the USA, and I haven't bought one, but they have them at the petshop we regularly go to.

Maybe it would be cheaper to get one shipped from NZ than the USA if they really are that hard to get in Australia.

MaryK

Honored Member
You can buy target sticks here in NZ and I don't live in a particularly big city so I'm surprised that they are not available in Australia. I don't think they are as cheap here as in the USA, and I haven't bought one, but they have them at the petshop we regularly go to.

Maybe it would be cheaper to get one shipped from NZ than the USA if they really are that hard to get in Australia.
That's a good idea. I'm tired of the blank looks. Maybe it's just Adelaide, have found this place ghastly for shopping, especially doggy gear. Will check out e-bay N.Z. Thank you:)(y)