Adventures With River:

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
River and I went for an evening walk. He likes to carry the flash light. It's one of those metal mega lights. He always puts it down when he needs to 'go better hurry'. When he picked it back up he grabbed too close to one end so it was top heavy and he kept dropping it. So I took it back. River decided he would carry my bag instead, but it was over my shoulder so he couldn't get it. After about 10 times of River trying to grab my bag and me telling him to leave it, I finally told him to sit-stay. I walked about 40 feet away before calling him. He came galloping to me. The horse who was right next to River came galloping too. :D

brody_smom

Experienced Member
River and I went for an evening walk. He likes to carry the flash light. It's one of those metal mega lights. He always puts it down when he needs to 'go better hurry'. When he picked it back up he grabbed too close to one end so it was top heavy and he kept dropping it. So I took it back. River decided he would carry my bag instead, but it was over my shoulder so he couldn't get it. After about 10 times of River trying to grab my bag and me telling him to leave it, I finally told him to sit-stay. I walked about 40 feet away before calling him. He came galloping to me. The horse who was right next to River came galloping too. :D
So he was grabbing your bag to warn you about the horse? But he stayed in a sit until you called him anyway! Good River!

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
Today River was bringing in the newspaper after his morning walk. He was off leash and instead of taking it up the front steps, in his excitement he took off to the backyard instead. When I called him back he came without the paper. So I said, "River go get the paper". Usually that means run down the driveway, which he did. Since he couldn't find our paper there he saw that there was another one not too far away. So he proudly brought back my neighbors paper. I told River that, that was the wrong one and he had to go get ours, back where he left. While he did that I put my neighbors paper on her front step. Then we finally came inside.