Absence...

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Ugh. Life is frustrating.
I have had sooo little time for this place lately. My boyfriend and my grandmother both had major shoulder surgeries recently; been taking care of them. I will be attending a large university for my graduate classes in the fall, been getting registered, etc for that. Got a promotion at work, more responsibilities... Not only running the department I was already running, but another department now too. When you climb your way to the top, sometimes you don't find a beautiful view. Sometimes it's a bunch of dirt and holes and you get to be the landscaper to fix it for the next person who climbs up there. Incredibly frustrated right now.
Started making leashes to sell, and they have really taken off. I would post a picture but really not caught up right now and don't want to spam up the forums, especially since I delete that stuff, lol! I have been soo busy with all this stuff going on that I just don't have free time.
Ready for a much needed break but not sure when I will get it. Hope everyone has been doing well. I've missed this place. :) Still not going to be able to get on a lot for a while, but eventually things will slow down.

bekah1001

Honored Member
Glad your back. Hope grandmother and boyfriend are doing okay. You must be stressed. And I would love to see the leashes. I saw a how to about making leashes with paracord.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Lol, mine are out of paracord. ^^ And thanks for the well wishes. Much appreciated. :) Yes, stressed. :confused:

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Tx, I'm glad you checked in, I was about to send out a missing persons alert!! We've missed you!! There were a few threads I just knew you'd chime in on, one I even remarked "oh, wait til Tx chimes in" ... and you never did. :confused: Glad to hear you're ok, but sorry you sound like you're drowning in "stuff". I hear ya about the climb to the top being sometimes littered in "ugly landscaping". Ain't that the truth?? Congrats on the promotion tho! (y)

As slammed and hectic as things can get, make sure you carve out a few minutes for yourself (and your pups) here and there. I've got a few years on you (a few - HA!) and can say from experience that while it all seems worth it to run yourself ragged, and you'll find time for fun "tomorrow" - sometimes life happens and things change, and the tomorrows you always thought you had disappear.

What kind of leashes are you making? Maybe instead of 'spamming up the place', you could kind of spell out or hint at where we might be able to go look at them? ;) I'd love to see them. Hang tough - and do drop in when you can!! :p We miss you!!!

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Thanks so much Jackie.
Yes, I have definitely seen in the last year or so that running myself ragged leaves no time for my hobbies...and my hobbies are what relieves my stress...and if I don't relieve my stress then I run myself more ragged....and then I'm just completely unhappy. Still trying to get out of that. I need to make time for my stress relievers, to keep me happy.

Lol, forgive me Jean. :)
They are paracord leashes, made out of 550 paracord(meaning they are tested to withstand 550 lbs). Very strong, very attractive, durable. They take a lot of time to make, but that also means that they look great and people really like them. I don't have a website or anything yet; they've taken off just by word of mouth more than I ever imagined, so I don't want to advertise yet because I need to get caught up or I'll be drowning in orders. The handle is braided in a cobra braid, (Couldn't get a good picture with my phone), and the rest of the leash is a round braid. I'll post some pictures in a little while.

Edit:
Grr. Technology hates me. Can't get pictures to upload, but will get some up.

charmedwolf

Staff member
Glad to see you back around Tx! I've been trying to keep up with my work so I don't have to ignore DTA but it's extremely hard. I've had to cut back on how much time I spend on here. :( At least it is money in the bank.

sara

Staff member
Uggh, I hear ya! I just spent my holidays running the shut down crew on dayshift! Not only did I have to get up at the ungodly hour of 6am (I usually dont go to bed 'till then!) I had to run a crew of newbies who dont even know which area I'm sending them to!!!

the worst part is, now that I've done it once, and did a very good job of it, they'll expect me to do it EVERY time! now I have 2 weeks I have to take when production is on... uggh! I'll spend the entire holiday worried that my "alternate" is doing things properly!!!

I hope things get a little more settled in your neck of the woods, and good luck with everything! and like jackienmutts said, take a few minutes for yourself now and then!