A Tale Of Two Hikes..

stdpoodad

Experienced Member
I took the pic of Teaghan yesterday. We were at a wildlife refuge near my sisters house About 3 degrees and windy.
I took the pic of Seamus last summer on the Whitefish trail near my house in Kalispell.

I'm going with a friend and her 5 dogs and my 2 on a 5 mile hike up Coyote Coulee tomorrow. It's veritably balmy, supposed to be all the way up to the mid teens.

Last weekend we did a lot of hiking up in the mountains, it wasn't all that cold, mid 30's.
seamus, wfish trail.jpg
teaghan, refuge.jpg

running_dog

Honored Member
I really love that photo of Seamus in the woods in summer.
Teaghan's photo is nice too it's just it looks a bit cold :D
Do the dogs feel the cold much? Do you just let their wool grow a bit longer for the winter?

stdpoodad

Experienced Member
If anything, they're usually too warm. Their hair is so curly that it traps a lot of heat. I don't let them grow, Seamus is due for a makeover in a couple weeks. Teaghan had recently been to the beauty shop.

MaryK

Honored Member
I took the pic of Teaghan yesterday. We were at a wildlife refuge near my sisters house About 3 degrees and windy.
I took the pic of Seamus last summer on the Whitefish trail near my house in Kalispell.

I'm going with a friend and her 5 dogs and my 2 on a 5 mile hike up Coyote Coulee tomorrow. It's veritably balmy, supposed to be all the way up to the mid teens.

Last weekend we did a lot of hiking up in the mountains, it wasn't all that cold, mid 30's. View attachment 3162View attachment 3163
Love the photos. Lucky dogs and lucky you to have such wonderful places to hike. Enjoy your up coming hike, sounds like it will be a blast. And of course, we all expect plenty of pictures.:D

Teaghan looks perfectly warm and happy in the snow. LOL I know how cold snow can get, still love and miss it though.

Oh every girl needs regularly visits to the Beauty Parlor. Does she get a pretty bow too?:D