A funny trick

sarhaspups

Here is a new trick idea that I saw on T.V. this morning. This lady taught her dog to 'moon' the audience. The dog was laying down (in a sphynx down) and she asked taught him to lift his butt in the air and leave his front on the ground. Make sense?
Maybe Jean can make this a challenge in future months? :msngiggle:
I thought it was cute. She called it 'moon' ha ha :dogtongue2:
:dogbiggrin:

fickla

Experienced Member
I believe that this actually is one of this months challenge! It's called a bow :)

sarhaspups

kinda, only you are having your dog lift his butt .. .the dog is in a down and lifting his butt up, .........bow =the dog standing and is going down with his front legs. :)

szecsuani

Experienced Member
I know someone, whose dog can do this.
He lays down- lift his butt=bow- lies down- bow, etc...
Sweet trick.:)

dearing

Thats a great suggestion! And it would be cool to train a dog to both bow and moon. It would be cute if for the moon, you would cue the dog while he is facing you, and he turns around and lays down, then lifts his butt.
Interesting, going to file this away for later training for my boy.
-Dearing & Puppy

szecsuani

Experienced Member
I've been struggling to get Pami to do this trick, but she always stands up... Maybe I'll shif to shaping... :D

storm22

Experienced Member
what i did with storm is lure him into going down by draging his treat between his front legs towards his butt, and he started lying down then i put my other hand under his belly so he couldnt stick his butt down on the ground and click when he was in the bow position